lunedì 4 dicembre 2006

Pentagramma

Sometimes I feel I can express my emotions better through music than with my words. With notes, melodies, lyrics, a particular riff that perfectly suits the swings of my heart and my mood.I was talking wih a friend about this. My life has always been followed by a soundtrack, since I was a baby. I have some songs, for crappy that they can be, that remind me some specific moments of my life and I can't but fill my mind of memories when I listen to them.

There are some old songs, mainly in Naples dialect, reminding me of my days as a baby:
  • "'O surdat 'nnammurat", so many memories of my grandpa..
Sta luntano da stu'core
a te volo c'ò pensier
niente vogli'e nient sper
c'a tenert semp'a fianc a'mme
sì sicur'e chest'ammor
comm 'i sò sicur
e tè...

  • "E Vola vola" reminding me my grandma, when I was like 3 years old...

E vola vola vola vola

e vola lu pavone

si tiè lu core bbone

mo fammece arpruva'...


Some songs mark the end of a period and the beginning of a new chapter of my life.

  • "Hedonism" (Skunk Anansie) fuck, I was feeling so bad in that period..
Just because you feel good
doesn't make it right
just because you feel good
I still want you here tonight

  • "Freak on a leash" (Korn) free and ready to start again, brand new! my 16 years of fucking thinking I was cool...
Something takes a part of me
Something lost and never seen
Everytime I start to believe
Somethings raped and taken from me... from me
Lifes got to always be messing with me.
  • "Don't cry" (Guns'n Roses) for every end and every beginning, for every time I told myself to go on. This song makes me smile, this song is strength.
Talk to me softly
There's something in your eyes
Don't hang your head in sorrow
And please dont cry
I know how you feel inside
I'veI've been there before
Somethin's changin' inside you
And don't you know...


Some songs remind me of special people or places...
  • "Educated Guess" (Ani di Franco) this makes me think of Anand. No matter why, it's just HIS song.
And I've got something sweet for you
And I don't care if it is more than you deserve
I've got a lot of love and a lot of nerve
So watch me while I take this curve
  • "The Small Print" (Muse)..ok this might not be the best Muse song but it has a strong impact of me everytime I listen to it..reminding me of Angers, so much..
Say, it'll make you insane
and it's bending the truth
you're to blame
for all the life that you'll lose and
you watch this space
but i'm going all the way
and be my slave to the grave
I am the priest god never paid

  • "Adam et Eve" (Kain) and this is Québec!! the only song I could sing when we were in Gatineau dans la Boite à chansons :P with the handsome singeeerrr, girls with NO style at all and a looot of sfigati (good memories, Isa!)
J'veux sentir ton âme épier la mienne
J'veux que la nuit s'étende jusqu'au bout du monde
J'veux qu'la planète nous appartienne
J'veux que la vie soit vierge
j'voudrais qu'on soit comme Adam et Eve

  • "Ziggy" (Céline Dion) aaah such an ugly song! but I will always remember it, the laughters we had, me and Isa, when we downloaded this song while being drunk in the middle of the night..hahaha
Ziggy, il s’appelle Ziggy
Je suis folle de lui
C’est un garçon pas comme les autres...

  • "Forever and One" (Helloween) Simona!!my spiritual guide :)
Forever and one
I will miss you
However, I kiss you
Yet again
Way down in neverland
  • "Chop suey!" (System of a Down) Silvia and our singing sessions in my car, screaming and dancing and feeling it all!!
Father into your hand
I commend my spirit
Father into your
hand
why have you forsaken me
in your eyes
Forsaken me
in your
thoughts
Forsaken me
in your heart
Forsaken me ohh
Trust in my self
righteous suicide
I cry when angels deserve to die
In my self righteous
suicide
I cry when angels deserve to die

  • "Guerrilla Radio" (RATM) our old rock/metal club, my friday nights out with Simo, my first long drives, my first hate for house music :P
It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometimes
What better place than here
what better time than now?
All hell can't stop us now

Hmm too many to list them all, too many...so many moments I forgot to list here, so many people I didn't put, on purpose or not...

Right now I have one song representing how I feel. It won't probably underline any new chapter, who knows, but still it lingers in my soul.So here it is, to close my post about songs, to give a hint of how my life's flowing lately.

"Patience" (Gun's n Roses)

Shed a tear 'cause I'm missin'
you
I'm still alright to smile
Girl, I think about you every day now
Was a time when I wasn't sure
But you set my mind at ease
There is no doubt
You're in my heart now
Said, woman, take it slow
It'll work itself out fine
All we need is just a little patience
Said, sugar, make it slow
And we come together fine
All we need is just a little patience(patience)
Mm, yeah
I sit here on the stairs
'Cause I'd rather be alone
If I can't have you right now
I'll wait, dear
Sometimes I get so tense
But I can't speed up the time
But you know, love
There's one more thing to consider
Said, woman, take it
slow
And things will be just fine
You and I'll just use a little patience
Said, sugar, take the time
'Cause the lights are shining bright
You and I've got what it takes
To make it,
We won't fake it,
I'll never break it
'cause I can't take it

...little patience, mm yeah, mm yeah
need a little patience, yeah
just a little patience, yeah
some more patience, yeah
need some patience, yeah
could use some patience, yeahg
otta have some patience, yeah
all it takes is patience,just a little patience
is all you need

I been walkin' the streets at night
Just tryin' to get it right
Hard to see with so many around
you know I don't like being stuck in the crowd
And the streets don't change
But baby the name
I ain't got time for the game
'cause I need youyeah yeah but I need you
Ooh I need you
Whoa I need you
Ooh all this time...

2 commenti:

Isa Rock On!! ha detto...

aaaaaaah hahahah Ziggy.. un beau souvenir :)

Emanuela ha detto...

un des meilleurs :P
le garçon..pas comme les autres!!
et les Backstreet Boys? on les mets où? :D hehe