venerdì 3 novembre 2006

A short summary of events...

Well here I am after a long time...and I thought I'd write this in English because it will probably be too long to translate it all in the three languages, so the universal language will do. Plus I need to practise a looot coz my English is getting rusty! :P
It sucks that I'm so late in writing here, because some things that happened in the past weeks really deserved a lot more words than the ones I'm gonna spend here, a deeper analysis, a better description...but well, time has passed and has made the impact of those events fade slowly away. So all I'm left with is the pale reflection of the feelings those events gave me, and I'm now trying to fix them with words before I'll lose them completely.

Let's talk about my stay in Belgium first. It has been absolutely great. I arrived in Bruxelles on the 25th october, in the evening, a city I've never seen before, everything new and unknown. I meet a man at the ticket counter, he asks me something in English about something related to trains and timetables. 10 minutes later, I realise I'm sitting next to him on the train. Funny, we smile to each other and start talking, that's crazy, he also worked for a biomedical company, Fresenius moreover! We keep talking, I've got the weird feeling I can trust this unknown man. Something in the eyes, maybe, or just the gentleman attitude he kept all the way. So I accepted his offer to pay me a cab, and the following offer of a dinner together. This is something that most people (and me too, in another situation) would consider extremely risky. I just followed my stupid instinct and said yes, and I'm extremely happy of my acceptation. It has been a great experience, this man seemed to know everything of me before I could talk, he listened to me, asked me questions, gave me replies on my will of knowing which is the perception that people have on me. It has been enlightening. It has been a conversation that lasted many hours, and that unfortunately I can't rewrite here. There's this one thing he said that still lingers in my thought and made me feel much better, and its effects still last now: "You seem like a very bright girl, smiling and outgoing. But something in the way you move tells me your self-esteem is sometimes too low. You shouldn't worry what people might think of you. You own a special kind of beauty, which isn't immediate as the mere physical beauty. You have a deep beauty which has its roots in your eyes. And you have to find someone who's able to look deep into you to find all of your beauty. You don't need guys attracted by your body only, and you know 99% of the guys will want just one thing from you. It's because they're blind."
Well...isn't that just great for the ego? :) Jokes apart, I thank that man a lot, for his silent understanding, for his words, his kindness, and for having appeared in a moment of my life where I needed some more strength. All I have got of this man is a name, no other means of tracking back to who he is. Thanks Ralph...
After this striking meeting, my mood was considerably brighter and the day after I got to know Her Eddy Vandenbroeck from Sorin Belgium, a person it was a pleasure to work with. We did our visits in the hospitals, collected the informations we needed to collect, and he brought me afterwards for a walk in Leuven, his city. We went to buy chocolates, then we stopped for a beer, and it was really pleasant to spend some time talking. Then he offered me a dinner at a japanese restaurant, and oh yess it was just GREAT! The place was awesome, the food even more, and the cook was like an acrobat of food! The things he could do while cooking...whoah astonishing!! Pity I haven't got pics of that night...we also ended up being drunk after beers and wine :P Indeed, I love when work gets mixed so well with social relations :D
Friday has been the second and last day of work with Eddy, and I admit I was sad about it because it's difficult to find people who are competent in their job, full of knowledges and also extremely gentle and nice in manners (at least, I rarely found them in my experience by Bellco). Eddy left me on friday evening next to the Gare du Nord, where Annemie was waiting for me. Annemie, it was so good to see her again!! It brought me back with memories to the old times in Angers, where she practically lived by my neighbors Robert and Denise. Two years have passed but when I was with her it really seemed to me that it was yesterday that I left Angers. And the melancholy raised up. Gosh it's raising up now too!! I wish I could bring those days back here, live them all again, one by one, see the people, enjoy the feelings, have the same dreams I had...
I'm starting to be romantic now :D
Well I got back home on saturday the 28th, met some friends in the night then on sunday my mum came back to us after nearly two months!!! We're all so happy to have her back even if we don't know yet how long she will stay...I don't care, I'm just enjoying every hour. I always say I'd love to live alone and go away from this place, and this is the number one dream I have, but I love my parents and it's impossible for me not to miss them when they're not there. It's just that when they're there...they're TOO much present in my life :P hehe well, that's the job of a parent, right? Who knows how I'll be when I'll be a mother myself...right now it seems impossible to me!
This week with my mother has been pleasant, yet intertwined with sad moments when we talked of the situation we're going through because of my aunt's illness. I know my mum thinks about this 24/7, but at least here she has more to be busy with, in a better way than looking after her sister all the time, and seeing her suffer. She's like having a breath of fresh air now, in order to get ready for when she'll have to leave again.
On wednesday I've gone out with Silvia, my dear Pollon! I promised her we'd have gone to Lime together and we managed to (thanks to this week of holiday that I got as a gift from the company!), but it was half empty (so weird!! normally it's crowded!!)...plus we had an unpleasant meeting, that asshole of "Frankenstein" (yeah she will know whom I'm talking about ;) ) with another girl!! Of course she was upset...thank God we've been approached by a couple of guys who kept us talking all the while, so she could think of something else...but one of those guys was SOOO annoying!! Mister-Know-It-All kind of guy, that is. I couldn't help giving him harsh replies to his comments, which he probably liked because he ended up saying I've got brain (even if he is still more clever than I am, as he didn't miss to underline..sfigato!!) but I didn't like when he told my friend she acts in a stupid way! Happily we managed to tell him so many things (yeah we're not bimbo girls, we do know how to use the power of words...) to destroy the stupid comments he was making (about girls, of course) that he shut up all of a sudden. And we left the place with a good feeling of victory in our stomachs and in our well functioning brains ;)
Warning, to all men who still think all women are too vain to keep a conversation up: don't judge before trying, I'm sure you can have good surprises, and if you're humble enough to accept the fact that you're not the Kings of Universe, you might enjoy the surprises even more ;) these are a woman's words...

1 commento:

Anonimo ha detto...

The guy you met in a train was right ema, you're one of the nicest persons i've met in my life.

I hope i'll see you soon.