mercoledì 8 novembre 2006

Emails and Bad luck - and colleagues

During my lunch break I was watching some TV to refresh my brain (!!) after a tough (!!) morning. There wasn't much on, so I ended up watching what my father wanted to, a law programme called "Forum". The aim of this programme is to put two people who have an argument in front of a real judge and find out the solution by legal means. For instance, my neighbor listens to music at a way too high volume after midnight. I get angry at him but he won't stop. So I tell him "Hey mate, let's go to Forum, we'll have our half an hour of success on TV and then we'll know who's right between me and you.". And once in TV the judge will listen to the argument and say "Following the article XXX it says that one cannot cause noises after 11pm". Good. Argument solved, peace established. And a lot of smily faces on the screen.
Now, today's argument was something I couldn't understand at first. Well, I didn't want to understand it. This woman had brought her friend in front of the judge because she insisted that the e-mail this friend sent her caused a lot of unlucky events to her. You know the boring chains people always send, saying "If you don't send this to other 14953985934 people you will have 14953985934 years of bad luck"? Well this woman, let's call her Mrs. Sfig, had received a couple of months ago an email from her friend, which I will name Mrs. Ata. It was the kind of friend emails saying "the person who sent you this loves you and wants you to be her friend for the rest of life" and in the end "PS: the person who sent you this loves you so much that if you don't send this you will be cursed for the rest of your life". Hehe. No well, it was about "a series of unfortunate events will happen in your life if you don't send this". Needless to say, after having received the mail, in two months time this woman had: her computer destroyed by a virus (appearently arrived through the same mail of the chain), a car accident, an accident on work, a broken knee and her 3 years old cat died. And in front of the judge she accused Mrs. Ata to be the cause of all this because of the email she sent. With a series of offenses and curses of different entity.
It was very folkloristic. Pretty much italian. Pretty much superstitious.
Interesting coincidence though!!! Happily it never happened to me, because I receive and erase so many chain mails that up to nowadays I should already have:
  • at least 50000 years of general bad luck
  • something like 6000 years of bad luck in love life
  • no sex for 73829 years
  • bad sex for other 3900 years
  • become poor for the rest of my life (received at least 30 times)
  • seen the love of my life marrying my best friend (haha)

Ok, I might not be particularly lucky in love life, but I don't feel that cursed.

Not yet, at least...



My colleague has the habit of asking me to translate words into english for him. But it never happened before that he asked me something in italian.

Colleague:"Emanuela how do you write "pregherei"?"
Ema:"in english? "I'd pray"
C:"no no in italian"
Ema:"ehu...pregherei."
C:"yes but with or without H?"
Ema (whose look now saying "are you kidding or what??"):"with H...between g and e there must be a H or you wouldn't pronounce so"
C:"oh yeah you're right, you're really good with languages"

NB: for those who don't know me, I AM italian.

And my colleague too.

And we live in Italy.

3 commenti:

Isa Rock On!! ha detto...

Hahahaha Mrs Sfig

Emanuela ha detto...

...et Mrs Ata aussi ;)
c'est joli comme jeu de mots, non? :P

Isa Rock On!! ha detto...

Euhmm.. mais je ne comprends pas la blague dans Ata :P